Ann MacMullan Jeans is a certified yoga instructor (RYT 200) and teaches in the Philadelphia area. Ann believes in the healing power of yoga and meditation for everyone, no matter what age, level of fitness, or life circumstance. She is especially passionate about working with the non-traditional yoga population that may not be able to make it to a yoga studio. Ann has also completed Trauma Informed Yoga Training. More about Ann. Team Sun Yoga owes it all to Ann’s grandmother Ellie, who had been very active and became wheelchair bound. As a way to bring more activity into Ellie’s life, Ann decided she wanted to teach yoga to seniors, and so with her partner Brian, they started a yoga program that has expanded to diverse locations in the Philadelphia area.
Brian Jeans is a certified yoga instructor (RYT 200), breathing coach and doctoral student in Educational Psychology. He is studying the teacher characteristics that predict mindfulness in the classroom. He is also passionate about helping people of all ages and walks of life reach their personal potential. When he is not on the yoga mat or working on his dissertation he loves to hike through the woods with Ann and their dog Lucy.
We currently teach:
- Independent level classes at Wesley Enhanced Living at Pennypack Park
- Independent level classes at Wesley Enhanced Living at Upper Moreland
- Healthcare level classes at Wesley Enhanced Living at Burholme
- Healthcare, Independent and Staff level classes at Paul’s Run
- Assisted Living level classes at Plush Mills in Swarthmore, PA.
- Private students of all levels.
- Mindful movement and meditation techniques to teachers through the CALM Program in the Red Clay School District in Wilmington, DE.
- Meet some of our Senior Yoga Students